I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The circus

Like I’ve said before, I don’t want to complain about a good thing, but the one thing about my room is that after about 8 p.m. when it starts getting dark, it becomes a circus. Everybody is singing, yelling, coming in and out and playing cards.

I wouldn’t be so mad if they started quieting down after like 11 p.m., but they get louder. Sometimes people in my room stay awake until 2 or 3 in the morning. You would think that somebody else who is trying to sleep could say something, but no one ever does.

I would try to move rooms, but nothing is open right now and chances are, if another bed does open up, they’ll probably put a new person in it before they even read my request. So for the time being though, when my room gets too loud, I just borrow somebody’s radio and tune them out.

Ted has to be ON the bus at 6:50 a.m. to get to his new job. More on the new job coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it interesting how your perspective changes when you start to mature. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete